Wednesday, October 20, 2010

and it keeps coming til the day it stops.

So school is really cramping my blog style (god, am I lame). I would apologize for updating infrequently, but not only am I pretty sure no one is reading this, I don't want to make any promises about being a super great updater on the very likely chance that I go another month without writing. I'll try. For my -2 reader(s).

I just got my tickets to see Harry Potter at midnight next month though (!!!) because I am a super lame-ass, and that isn't the ONLY exciting thing that happened to me today. About a month ago, my mom met Brian Ripka, son of Judith Ripka of Judith Ripka Jewelry, at a sample sale. He gave her his card because she said I was interested in fashion. I emailed him two or so weeks ago, and his assistant responded today, saying they have a SUMMER INTERNSHIP. You know, if I'm interested. IF I'M INTERESTED?! There is almost nothing I have been more interested in EVER. Between finally getting to travel again and the possibility of a Madison Ave. fashion internship, this summer could be the best ever. But it is October. So I can't start thinking about summer now, or I will openly weep thinking about the months of freezing rain, snow and hibernation I have ahead of me in Shitsburgh.

However, today sneak peeks of the Lanvin collaboration for H&M were released and I am EXCITED. I was going to buy a Joie or Free People holiday dress (I tend to get a cheap-ish one I can wear for both Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff I end up going to), but this is obviously better.



Fab. I died. Other fashiony things/Rachel Zoe-isms. These dresses are just direct knockoffs of Lanvin's last runway collection, which is BEYOND fine with me if I end up paying $60 for a knockoff of a $6,000 dress - made by the SAME designer. So. Excited. The collection is released on November 23rd, and I'll be back in Philly, which is convenient, as I'll be at H&M first thing in the morning with my nose pressed against the glass, waiting for it to open.

One thing I neeeed to know about, though - Fair Isle sweaters. I don't know how to feel about these.



They're supposed to be really cute and fashionable. And they probably are, if you have upwards of $300 to spend on a runway Rag & Bone sweater. But I feel like if I got a knockoff version, I would just look like an Alaskan grandmother. Thoughts?

And, one final thing. I did end up renting for that fab wedding I went to in October, and I wore an amazing Milly dress. Here's a picture of the dress, and a picture of myself in it - I look really stupid, because I took the picture in Photobooth to show my best friend, so ignore that part.



And, that's all for now. Time to go back to watching Daria and drinking wine and eating Twix. Which is what I have been doing all night. My life sucks.

1 comment:

  1. i'm pretty confident watching daria and drinking wine is the greatest decision one can make on a wednesday night.

    ReplyDelete